Series: Palm Oil Recipes to Try at Home – October
October 15, 2021
Chicken with Coconut Milk & Red Palm Rice Pilaf
Looking for a delicious, healthy dinner dish that’s perfect for entertaining, but also makes delicious leftovers? We’ve got just the thing for you: Chicken with Coconut Milk & Red Palm Rice Pilaf.
This dish is a healthy, yet powerful dish that’s great to serve for gatherings of people, or just when you’d like to switch it up a bit at home. It may not pack in a lot of calories, but it sure does pack a lot of flavor. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Serves 4-8 people
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 1 medium sized onion (julienned)
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp red palm oil
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp light vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 ½ cup Chicken Stock
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp sea salt (to taste) (optional)
- Take chicken thighs out and season with salt and pepper.
- In a cast iron pot with a heavy lid, heat vegetable oil on high. Once hot, sear chicken thighs until a golden color is achieved, flipping once. Remove chicken from the pot.
- Take julienned onion slices and add them to the pot, stirring gently. Add minced garlic. Pour chicken stock and coconut milk into the pot and heat on medium.
- While the stock heats, take a skillet or pan and heat on medium high. Add red palm oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil is hot, add uncooked jasmine rice and stir for a couple of minutes until it is browned.
When the rice has browned, add the onions and garlic and cook until onions have softened. Add an additional dash of pepper. Add your mixture to the heated broth in your cast iron pan.
- Once combined, bring to a simmer, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15-25 minutes. Once rice appears to be cooked, remove from heat and allow mixture to sit for an additional 10 minutes. Do not uncover your pan at any point during this process!
- Before serving, fluff your rice with a fork and mix in your cilantro and add freshly squeezed lime juice. If you’d like, you can also add a dash of sea salt to your chicken or rice.
- And that’s it! You’re done, and your meal is sure to be a hit!
- Now you’ve got a delicious dinner that is sure to be a hit with you, your family, and any guests you might have over. Enjoy this mouthwatering meal while also being secure in your contribution to the sustainable palm oil industry.
The Sustainable Palm Oil Difference
When you use sustainably sourced red palm oil from one of Palm Done Right’s network of partners, you can rest assured that you’re getting all the great health benefits red palm oil yields, while promoting sustainable farming practices, habitat protection and development, and community enrichment.
Palm Done Right’s Mission
At Palm Done Right, we strive to affect change in the palm oil industry, and pressure companies to stop harmful farming practices in favor of organic, sustainable palm oil farming that enriches the land and animal habitats, instead of destroying the land and causing displacement and deforestation.
When you choose to use sustainably sourced red palm oil in your perfect dinnertime rice pilaf, as well as in your everyday cooking, you’re promoting community growth, sustainable farming, and the building of healthy ecosystems. When you choose sustainable red palm oil, everyone wins. Now, go enjoy your meal!
Tags: Chicken with Coconut Milk & Red Palm Rice Pilaf