Series: Palm Oil Recipes to Try at Home – April
April 15, 2022
When it comes to looking for hearty, comfort food on a keto or paleo diet, low carb food options can be hard to find. If you’re looking to fulfill a carb craving without cheating on your diet, zucchini noodles could be just the right solution for you. Whether you make zucchini noodles at home using your own spiralizer, or buy them at the store (yes, they’re easily available!) zucchini noodles can be the perfect solution to your comfort food wants while keeping you on the road to nutrition or weight loss.
So what’s the best pairing for your new go-to, healthy comfort food? Red palm oil, of course! Just to add to the health benefits you’re reaping, incorporating red palm oil into your recipes will allow you to enjoy the antioxidants and good fats from the oil, which are proven to help prevent and fight heart disease and strengthen hair and skin.
With this delicious zucchini spaghetti and meatballs recipe, you’ll be able to have a hearty and filling comfort meal with none of the guilt and all of the health benefits you could want from a traditional spaghetti dish. The best thing about this dish? You can make it even healthier by substituting alternative meats or adding more vegetables to your meal.
Keto-Friendly Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 60 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 bulb fennel (~2 cups)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (sliced)
- 12 brussel sprouts (halved)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp red palm oil
- 1 pound ground beef (or alternative)
- 1sp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup almond flour (or alternative)
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Pinch of salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 zucchinis (spiralized) (or store-bought zucchini noodles)
- Fresh cilantro (chopped) (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. As you wait for your oven to heat, chop your vegetables and place them on a baking sheet. Use your palm oil and cumin to coat the vegetables and toss to distribute them evenly.
Once your oven has heated, transfer your vegetables to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- As your vegetable roast, combine your meat with your turmeric, chili powder, almond (or alternative) flour, egg, cilantro, and season with salt to taste. Form into hand-shaped balls around 1 tablespoon in size. Roll and place onto parchment paper or a lined baking sheet. Repeat until mixture is gone or until you’re satisfied with your quantity. In total, the mixture will produce around 20 mini meatballs.
- Once your vegetable is done, lower your oven’s temperature to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Put your meatballs into the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- As your meatballs cool, prepare your dressing in a small mixing bowl. Combine your lemon juice, olive oil, and sriracha and whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
- If you’re making your zucchini spaghetti yourself, now is the time to use your spiralizer to form the noodles. You can also use store-bought zucchini noodles, or try to slice your zucchini by hand into small strips that mimic that of spaghetti.
- Once your meatballs have cookies, combine all of your ingredients (meatballs, zucchini noodles, dressing, and roasted vegetables) into a large bowl. Toss to fully coat all ingredients in your dressing and serve with additional cilantro as a garnish if you’d like.
You’ve done it! You’ve prepared a delicious and healthy comfort meal that will leave you full and satisfied. Plus, with the benefits of red palm oil, you’ll be helping your body too! Learn more about sustainable palm oil and where to get it through Palm Done Right. Check back each month for more palm oil recipes!
Tags: Keto-Friendly Spaghetti & Meatballs
, palm oil
, Series: Palm Oil Recipes to Try at Home - April